- Greater ChinaSimplified ChineseTraditional Chinese
- Germany (Global)GermanEnglishFrenchSpanish
- Middle East & AfricaEnglish
- South AmericaSpanish
- South AsiaEnglish
- South East AsiaEnglish
- United KingdomEnglish
- United States of AmericaEnglish
Intelligently Control the Flow of Power
The new SMA DC-DC converter allows designers to increase their PV power plant’s yields by oversizing the DC array without compromising energy losses. This is accomplished with the new DC-coupling option and the generous DC–AC ratios of the Sunny Central EV inverter series.
The inverter can intelligently control the flow of power for many different use-cases, including clipped-loss capturing. The stored energy can be fed in at attractive times, for example, in the morning or at night, to achieve a better price-point for the energy. Grid operators are able to benefit from grid services, such as frequency control or time-based feed-in schedules.
Up to six DC-DC converters can be connected and operated simultaneously on the Sunny Central inverter. This minimizes battery short-circuits currents for high energy applications and avoids the need for additional and expensive protection measures inside the battery container.
Did you know?
Benefits of DC-coupled system layout
Retrofittable (storage solution can be integrated anytime)
Step-up/step-down converter with battery charge/discharge function
Limits high short-circuit currents of the battery
Intelligent power flow control of the system in the Sunny Central
Coordinated protection concept with Sunny Central
High efficiency at different DC voltages as well as partial and full load
Enables new business models
- Plug N´Play Connection
- No external controller required
- Full tested and certified solution
- No additional combiner needed
- Use of storage independant of PV
- Retrofittable & Future Proof
- Safe converter design
- Reliable product
- Complies to all relevant standards
- Small power blocks = Easy to scale
- Extremely wide voltage window
- System capable of large DC/AC ratios
- Single point of contact for Service
- Reduction of risks & finger pointing
- All conversation units from a single source
Whitepaper: Centralized or decentralized?
How DC Coupling Can Increase the Efficiency of Power Plants
A new flexibility and ease for the connection of storage at PV power plantsRead our whitepaper
SMA DC-DC Converter