The Regional Sales Engineer / Manager is responsible for monitoring, coordinating, generating, and facilitating sales to SMA customers and products in the specified territory or specified accounts, using a consultative selling approach. Duties include leading an aggressive build-up of SMA’s market share by expanding business partnerships, developing new relationships, developing distribution, and entering new markets.
- Enhances, builds, and manages the company’s sales operations in the specified territory or specified accounts, including setting future strategic sales direction and preparing accurate territory forecasts.
- Build and maintain relationships with Authorized Distributors within the assigned region/regions. Develops and recommends new distribution partners while maintaining the SMA distribution strategy.
- Provides input to guide product development and marketing activities to ensure that product lines clearly reflect market requirements in Residential, Commercial and Utility market segments.
- Successfully executes a brand and messaging strategy that positions SMA as an industry leader in the alternative energy industry.
- Initiates and implements strategic alliances with key partners and customers. Prospects for and targets solar installers with AD partners. Makes cold calls to current/potential customers to discuss and influence purchasing decisions.
- Identifies market opportunities both within and outside of traditional client base, and develops strategies to penetrate those markets.
- Provides product training to prospective/current customers to facilitate SMA sales.
- Participates in trade shows, conferences and symposiums to encourage and influence the use and acceptance of SMA products and solutions.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor´s degree in Electrical Engineering or Business Administration combined with a keen affinity for technical products.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a sales role, with a proven track record managing multiple accounts in a large territory, are required.
- Knowledge of strategic selling principles and key account management are required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills are required.
- Proficiency in the Spanish and English language, both written and verbal, is required. Portuguese language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Willingness to travel extensively both domestically and internationally.
Please send your CV to HumanResources@SMA.de