At a glance: Payment conditions for the service rebate
Please note that
- the defective inverter must be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or the SMA extended warranty Comfort.
- we only pay the service rebate to installers. The service cannot be performed by your customers.
- the customer’s issue has to be recorded at our Service Line. Please always note the applicable ticket number, because we cannot pay the service rebate without this information.
- prior plant registration is mandatory for requesting the service rebate.
- we only provide service rebate remuneration for inverters covered by a warranty in accordance with our warranty conditions. In other words, the customer must not be at fault for the defect and the device must not be damaged as result of overvoltage (e.g., lightning).
- the SMA service rebate does not apply for any kind of communication product.
- the service must be billed within 12 months of being performed.*
- the SMA service rebate can be credited only if the plant and invoicing party are located in a country/region with an SMA Service branch office.**
* Not applicable in cases of loss of life, personal injury or impairment of health, nor in cases arising from intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by SMA or the malicious concealment of defects.
**At present SMA is represented by its own Service branch offices in the following countries/regions: Australia, Benelux, Canada, China, Chile, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, North America, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom. SMA pays the service compensation for installed Danfoss devices (ULX, DLX, TLX) in all countries in which Danfoss offered a replacement service according to the warranty conditions applicable at the time.