Technical Sales Engineers combine technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, assists sales team from the planning phase onwards. They are a key point of contact for customers and provide both pre- and after-sales advice. They liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as design, purchasing, production and quality, as well as Senior Company Managers.
This position will be based out of the SMA India Office in Mumbai.
- Technical, high-level support for SMA Solar Technology products
- Execution of sales and customer training
- Concept development and customer support in the areas of medium power, high power and communication products
- Technical contact for the local SMA Sales and distribution departments carry out training courses for customers in our SMA training center as well as on-site
- Accompanying our Service Technicians and visiting customers to learn about the training needs and to help wherever it is requested
- Development of tools for a variety of sales activities
- Help the sales and our channel partners in activities like: launching, road shows, product positioning etc.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University degree in Electrical Engineering as well as experience with solar PV for minimum 2 years
- Knowledge of solar electric (PV) installation, system design and PVSYST
- Broad experience in electrical designs and expert in using electrical design software such as AutoCAD Electrical
- Knowledge of transformers, medium (and high) voltage systems as well as common grid requirements
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Team player, resilient and with a high level of initiative
- Willingness to travel (domestically and internationally)
- Organized and goal-oriented
- Strong sales and customer focus, good people skills and very good self-management skills
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office
- Reports to the TSS Manager of SMA India and to the TSS dep. of HQ
Interested candidates please send your full resume to: Anita.Virnave@SMA-India.com