The System Design Engineer is system specialist for electrical designs (SLD) from the solar panel (PV) to the grid connection point. He uses electrical drawing programs and grid simulation software to create system assessments along the customer and plant requirements. He creates a detailed customer report to state the results of the assessment. He consults on non-compliant results and assists customers and colleagues in finding the ideal techno-commercial solution for the project.
This position is based out of Mumbai and will require some periodic domestic and international travel.
Reports To: Manager Technical Sales Support India
- Forms the regional competence center for large scale PV system designs
- Checks customer and project requirements
- Creates system design and simulation
- Creates customer report
- Consults on system improvements
- Tracks work and does capacity planning
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number and quality of designs and simulations created
- In-time delivery of results and reports
- Number of projects won
Work Related Requirements/Selection Criteria:
- Broad experience in electrical designs and expert in using electrical design software such as AutoCAD Electrical
- Expert in using grid simulation software such as Power Factory (preferable), PSS/E or PSCAD
- Deep knowledge of Medium (and High) Voltage systems as well as common grid requirements such as (re)active power control, Fault Ride through etc.
- Knowledge of solar electric (PV) installation and system design and/or inspection is also highly desirable.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills. (German and/or other language skills are desirable but not essential).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required, together with excellent organisational and analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, preferably with an emphasis in energy management. A CAD professional